Llantarnam Community Church Hall
Did you know that the Church Hall was built
public donations in 1922 for the use of
and the community. There are
stones set in the front of the
building (see pictures
to the right and below).
They indicate the coming together of
the community and church involvement at
the time. It is the only public hall facility in
The Hall is used regularly by members of the
community of all ages from nursery school
to a company club for retired staff.
quiz nights, dancing
classes, birthday parties and
for Church activities and
the Sunday School .
The Church Hall has been brought up
to the standards
required by the Disability
Discrimination Act (DDA) and
Stage 1 of this project was completed in
The congregation raised
£11,000, for this stage including
wall ties, installing a damp course and treating
the roof timbers.
The work will preserve the
that we can look to the future
The second stage was carried out with
a grant provided
by the Welsh Assembly
this has enabled the installation of
for disabled persons. at a cost of over
£63,000 and was completed in November
The new extension was officially opened at the 'farewell' ceremony to Fr Gareth on his last day as Vicar at
St Michael's. The following picture shows the
development team that guided the extension to
its completion with the architect and builder.
Further stages will be necessary to complete the plans for the total renovation of the Hall including improved storage and car parking. The area to the rear of the Hall has been re-surfaced and is used as an extension to the car park. It is hoped that the remainder of the work may be completed during 2008.